Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with co

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with colorbars
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:52:41 -0400

On 16-Oct-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I've attempted a manual application of you patch (as it did not apply for me
--- EOL problems no doubt).

| My colorbar is not scaled properly. When I do ...
|
| octave:31> contourf(peaks)
| octave:32> colorbar
|
| ... the colorbar image is twice as wide as the axis, but ...
|
| octave:33> set(h,'xlim',[-.5 1.5])
|
| ... after changing the limits for the colorbar axes, all looks correct. Do
you see this as well, or did I make an error in my application of your
changeset?

Where is H coming from in the above?

It seems to work properly for me after the patch, though I find it
somewhat strange that

  pcolor (peaks ()); colorbar ();

produces the first attached plot.

I would expect the colorbar to have the same height as the pcolor
plot.  It seems to work correctly for the contourf case as shown in
the second attached plot.

Is this difference caused by splot vs. plot in gnuplot or is it
something that we could control without too much effort?

Thanks,