Re: Text properties and FTGL

From: Abdelrazak Younes
Subject: Re: Text properties and FTGL
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:25:25 +0100

Hello,

On 31/10/2008 03:02, John Swensen wrote:

So I have done a few tests, probably in a very naive way, about
rendering LaTeX strings to OpenGL. I think it is going to be
prohibitively slow. Using the following code, even a simple equation
took about 0.6 seconds. Maybe there is a faster way of doing this. I
searched around and couldn't find a way to link against a library for
rendering LaTeX code.

Did you have a look at latexpreview?

http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/manual/

This is IMHO the perfect solution for embedded LateX snippets. You can see how we are using that within LyX:

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/InstantPreview

Hope this helps,
Abdel.