Re: Graphical help browser

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Graphical help browser
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 21:56:31 +0100

søn, 23 11 2008 kl. 15:47 -0500, skrev John Swensen:
> How do you do your search?  I was using a library called xapian
> (http://xapian.org/
> ) to generate a search index from a bunch of HTML.  It seems to do a
> very good job and is very quick.  I was using Webkit also for my help
> browser.

I don't do searching right now. If my rewrite of the help system into
m-files get accepted, then Octave will generate caches of all help texts
(for 'lookfor'). It will be dead easy to just search these caches from
the help browser, and it'll be quite fast. So, I'm waiting to see what
happens with my rewrite of the help system, before I implement searching
in the help browser.

Søren