Octave & Fortran continued

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Octave & Fortran continued
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:27:35 +0100

hello,

further to the recent discussion about Octave's Fortran compiler
support, here's an important (IMHO) update:
I've just noticed that the unbelievable thing actually happened and
LAPACK moved (apart from a number of improvements etc) to Fortran 90,
so F90 compiler is officially required to build LAPACK 3.2. Since
Octave probably really wants to keep up with LAPACK as it relies
fundamentally on it, we should IMHO think about ways to overcome the
limitations of the MSVC/Windows platform that keep Octave stuck with
the subset of Fortran that f2c supports.
Hmm, another clear signal that Fortran is not dead.

So, is it really impossible to use gfortran or g95 on Windows together
with MSVC?

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek