Re: ChangeLogs

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: ChangeLogs
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 15:35:45 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 06.01.2009, 08:47 -0500 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> On  6-Jan-2009, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
> | The disadvantages I see are that this amount of information can't
>
> One other potential problem is that although currently we can fix up
> ChangeLog entries if they are incomplete or in error, I don't think
> there is any way to do that with the Mercurial log messages.  Or am I
> missing something?

It is possible, but may result in a lot of problems:
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/EditingHistory

Essentially, from the very first change onwards, the hashes change. So
people would have to rebase their repositories.

I guess that doing this like once every X months would be possible.

        Thomas