Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [changeset] Missing ScreenSize & ScreenPixelsPerInch properties
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:07:58 -0500

On Monday, January 26, 2009, at 03:38PM, "Thomas Treichl" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Ben Abbott schrieb:
>> Nice idea with regards to pulling the patch from the mail list.
>>
>> The configure process did respond with DHAVE_FRAMEWORK_CARBON=1 (see
>> below).
>
>Ok, fine. I hope it also compiles and produces the right output? Then I'll try
>to implement two more improvements before I continue with "-framework OpenGL"
>the next days - coming back to your idea about the build option:
>
>(a) Allow the user to turn on/off support for Carbon when doing "./configure",
>this might then look somehow like this
>
>   ./configure --with-framework-carbon
>
>which also is the default and "--with-framework-carbon" must not be given
>explicitly. Or turn off this support with
>
>   ./configure --without-framework-carbon
>
>so that we have the fallback to use X11.app instead or at least if the user
>set
>up his system correctly, ie. just use *nix traditional way.
>
>Given the name "--with-framework-carbon" and not only "--with-carbon" looking
>forward to also separate "--with-framework-opengl" from traditional X11/OpenGL
>and we have both "framework OpenGL" and "X11 OpenGL" on Macs that also are
>quite
>a bit different in their implementation (details soon).
>
>(b) Turn off empty output of configuration summary if Carbon is used, eg.
>
>   X11 include flags:
>   X11 libraries:
>
>and turn on output about Carbon framework instead, eg.
>
>   Carbon libraries: -Wl,-framework -Wl,Carbon
>
>Should I send a combined changeset or an improvement of my first patch? Any
>other objections?
>
>Best regards,
>
>   Thomas

Octave did build and then shortly after my Mac froze :-(

I've repaired disk permissions and am hoping for the best.

In any event, all tests except for dispatch.cc and data.cc passed. Those two
failures have been with me prior to your patch, so all looks good to me.

I'm no expert of changelog protocol, but I think one changeset makes sense.

Let me know when you're ready and I'll test drive it on 10.5.

Ben