Re: Changing package file extension

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Changing package file extension
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:10:44 -0600

2009/1/27 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> Is anyone willing to do the work to make the change?  Should we
> support both the new extension (whatever it is we choose) and the old
> tar.gz?

So what exactly needs to be changed? I looked at the pkg.m script, and
the actual extension isn't used anywhere except in the docstrings...
Just change those?

It would be nice if "pkg add <TAB>" would try to autocomplete with
.octpkg extension... does the parser need a modification for this to
happen?

- Jordi G. H.