print.m: using __gnuplot_has_feature__()

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: print.m: using __gnuplot_has_feature__()
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:19:32 -0500

On 29-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I've attached a trivial patch.

I checked it in.

| The file produced by "epslatexstandalone" was empty for me.
|
| I tried using the terminal direclty from gnuplot, but that didn't work
| for me either
|
| > gnuplot> set term epslatex standalone
| > Terminal type set to 'epslatex'
| > Options are '   leveldefault monochrome blacktext \
| >    dashed dashlength 1.0 linewidth 1.0 butt \
| >    palfuncparam 2000,0.003 \
| >    noheader "" 11 '
| > gnuplot> plot sin(x) "test.eps"
| >                      ^
| >          epslatex terminal cannot write to standard output
| >          util.c: Undefined error: 0
|
| I'm running a recent gnuplot build from the developers cvs. Am I doing
| something wrong or is there a bug in gnuplot?

Try

  set term epslatex standalone
  set output "test.tex"
  plot sin(x)

It works for me with Octave if I choose an output file name that ends
in ".tex".  Otherwise, it seems to fail.  Should we detect that in
print.m for this terminal type so we can give a better error message.
I see errors from gnuplot since I'm starting Octave from a terminal
window, but if yours is not associated with a shell window, then maybe
the messages are lost?