Re: gl-render.cc: framework OpenGL on MacOSX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gl-render.cc: framework OpenGL on MacOSX
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:19:56 -0500

On Jan 31, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

Ben Abbott schrieb:
bens-macbook:~ bpabbott$  grep -re "gluTessCallback" \
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/ Headers/glu.h extern void gluTessCallback (GLUtesselator* tess, GLenum which, GLvoid (*CallBackFunc)());

This is the same than on my Mac.

bens-macbook:~ bpabbott$ grep -re "glGetIntegerv" \
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/ Headers/gl.h
typedef void (* glGetIntegervProcPtr) (GLenum pname, GLint *params);
extern void glGetIntegerv (GLenum pname, GLint *params);

This also is the same than on my Mac.

The API has not changed between 10.4.11 and 10.5.x. Now I'm completely confused why I get an error if I mix up "int *" with "GLint *" and you don't get an error. Is there a third OpenGL library on your Mac, maybe it comes with Fink? If that is true can you find for me the gl.h please, somehow like this

bash$ find /sw -iname gl.h

This migh explain my problems with the new backend.

bens-macbook:~ bpabbott$ find /sw -iname gl.h
/sw/include/FL/gl.h
/sw/include/mesa/GL/gl.h
/sw/src/fink.build/jogl-1.1.1-1/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/gl.h

or even better, can you send me the output of this please

bash$ find / -iname gl.h

I've removed the "permssion denied" warnings, as well as some local versions in located in some sources in my home folder (not in any path).

bens-macbook:~ bpabbott$ find / -iname gl.h
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ AGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/ Versions/A/Headers/gl.h /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/X11/include/GL/gl.h
/sw/include/FL/gl.h
/sw/include/mesa/GL/gl.h
/sw/src/fink.build/jogl-1.1.1-1/jogl/make/stub_includes/opengl/GL/gl.h
/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h
/usr/X11/include/GL/gl.h
/usr/X11R6 1/include/GL/gl.h

I will do some tests and write a small script and/or program we can then play with (if you want to). I suspect something is being set wrong.

I'm always happy to help out.

My problems are more complicated. I get a window, but rather than containing the proper image/plot it contains pieces of other things on my screen (related to Fink I think). For the time being, I have no real interest in fixing that particular problem. Instead I'm looking at what can be done to improve the gnuplot backend and improving lower level support for the backend (property related stuff and soon listeners).

So I was wrong ;)

Yes I know that you're working on the Gnuplot backend, I sometimes have a look at that many changesets you send ;) Thanks for them! But if you don't mind I send the one or more source file to you in the near future for tests on a 10.5 system - currently nobody else joined up as volunteer ;(

Send all the files you want. I'm happy to do testing on Leopard.

Ben