Re: Example plot in Manual lacks text

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Example plot in Manual lacks text
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 04:37:09 -0400

On Apr 6, 2009, at 8:25 PM, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:

I'll try writing a function that is able to use the output from "set terminal" to compose a list of available terminals.

Good idea. Asking "set terminal" looks like the only reliable source of information.

I'm not very knowledgeable in pipes, popen, popen2, and such.

When I tried to do this the output from "set terminal;" displays to the command line (skips the pipe).

I assume this is why the gnuplot developers added the GPVAL_TERMINALS variable.

Is there still a compelling need to do this? ... if so any ideas how to proceed?

Ben