Re: basic implementation for isosurface, isocolors, isonormals

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: basic implementation for isosurface, isocolors, isonormals
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:57:23 +0200

> David Bateman schrieb:
> > Martin Helm wrote:
> >> First of all,
> >>
> >> thank you for your effort David. I can confirm the errors reported by
> >> Thomas. To be precise they happen with the first two examples in the
> >> "subplot" example group which use the syntax
> >> patch ("Faces", f, "Vertices", v, "EdgeColor", whatever)
> >>
> >> The other two examples which use "FaceVertexCData" and facecoloring
> >> work well.
> >>
> >> If I simply add the "FaceColor" attribute with some value to the
> >> failing patch command, the problem disappears, so the bug seems to be
> >> trivial (a misssing default value for "FaceColor")
> >>
> >> e.g.
> >>
> >> patch ("Faces", f, "Vertices", v, "FaceColor", "blue","EdgeColor",
> >> "none")
> >>
> >> works well. I'll look through the code.
> >>
> >> - mh
> >
> > The old 3.0.x behavior was that the default facecolor was [0,1,0]. I
> > presume that is the compatible behavior and so re-established that as
> > the default with the attached patch. The demo in the help string then
> > works correctly for the gnuplot CVS. But there appear to be some issue
> > with colormap with gnuplot 4.2.4 and the x11 terminal in a multiplot
> > environment.. I suppose I should try 4.2.5 and see if that works
> >
> > D.
>
> Hi David, Martin,
>
> thanks again for this work. I'd say that this is really a very cool new
> feature that then comes with 3.2...
>
> Some time ago I also was working on the help text of isonormals.m and
> __marching_cubes__.m (Martin already knows because I wrote him an email
> some time ago offside the lists to preserve double-work ;) David, can you
> please apply the attached changeset?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
>    Thomas

Strange,
I posted Thomas changes two days ago, but looking at this thread I see now
that it never arrived. Seems I need to check my email settings when I write
offline. Thank you Thomas for posting it.
There is one function still missing - "isocaps". I cannot promise at the
moment when I can finish it. It is only 50% ready.

- mh