Re: [CHANGESET] updated print.m

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [CHANGESET] updated print.m
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:51:07 -0400

On Apr 22, 2009, at 9:53 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 22-Apr-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I've made the switch from ImageMagick's "convert" to Ghostscript. In
| addition, support for Windows printing has been added (I don't have
| access to a box to test this change, so some assistance would be
| helpful), and improved printing on Unix systems. The "help" has been
| modified to reflect the changes.

OK.  I can't test printing on Windows either, so I hope someone else
will do that and report back.

| I'll delay pushing to give time for testing. If I get no feedback in
| the next day or two, I'll push this change.

I haven't tried it, but I have one comment:

| +function name = ghostscript_binary ()
| +  if (isunix ())
| +    name = "gs";
| +  elseif (ispc ())
| +    name = "gswin23c";
| +  endif
| +endfunction

It seems to me that it would be best if there was some way for users
to choose the name of the ghostscript interpreter to use.

Ok, I'll use something like the above to set the default, and add an option for setting the name of the ghostscript binary.

Ben