3.2.0 release

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: 3.2.0 release
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:14:43 +0200

hi all,

since nobody reported serious problems with rc7, excep, I turned the
rc7 tarballs into the unofficial 3.2.0 release.
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/

a couple of observations:
we had 7 RCs, just like with 3.0.4. However, the 3.0.4 RC loop lasted
for 2.5 months (only to produce a release with a serious bug), while
the 3.2.0 RC loop lasted 11 days, from Monday April 25th till today
(i.e. two workday weeks). It seems a number of people were alerted by
the release actually coming, which is good (and shows more people were
interested in 3.2.0 than in 3.0.4) but I really think the RCs should
be reserved only for fine tuning.
Bugs are being fixed quite contiguously, so even now there are new
patches in the savannah archive that didn't make it into 3.2.0, but I
guess a line needs to be drawn somewhere, and I the time I'm willing
to devote to making RCs is also limited. Depending on the amount of
bug fixes/improvements, I'm planning to make 3.2.1 within 1-2 months.

If anyone knows of a reason why Octave 3.2.0 should not be released as
is, speak now or forever hold your peace.

John, when you have time to do so, can you please upload the tarballs
to GNU site?
You can make the announcement to address@hidden, or I can do it if you wish.

I sincerely thank all contributors for valuable cooperation.

free computing, free society!

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer