Re: Native TikZ backend?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Native TikZ backend?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:43:39 -0400

On Jul 11, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

lør, 11 07 2009 kl. 09:53 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
On 11-Jul-2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| I'm not sure it's better if you're using gnuplot. But it seems to me | that minor things get dropped when routing things through gnuplot from | Octave. We have to express our plots within the limitations of gnuplot,
| which means that sometimes you don't get what you asked for. E.g.
| sometimes you don't get the markers on your plot that you asked for in | Octave. We should be able to avoid such issues if we don't send things
| through gnuplot in the first place.

OK, predictible markers would be good.  What about mixing line colors
and dashed lines?

Just in case anybody feel like playing with this stuff... The attached
version supports 'line' and 'axes' objects. It supports all markers and
line style. It can handle colours (for lines, marker faces, and marker
edges) and line widths. You can run

 demo print_tikz

to see an awful demo plot.

Søren
<print_tikz.m>

I just noticed that R now has support for TikZ output

        http://cameron.bracken.bz/node/71

Ben