Re: 3.2.3 RC1

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.2.3 RC1
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:31:54 +0900 (JST)

Please reflects about the discussion on README.MSVC
Also in the developmet branch.

http://www.nabble.com/can-this-compile-on-vs2008-or-not-tc24783040.html

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:

> On  3-Aug-2009, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
> | Certainly readme.msvc is still on the source package and the some of
> | information is too old.  I think it should be removed from source tar ball.
>
> Maybe it should be updated instead?

Michael himself have been working for octave development branch by MSVC
complier.
Of course, if Michael will update README.MSVC, it will be desirable than be
removed.

> --- "John W. Eaton" wrote:
>
>> On  3-Aug-2009, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>>
>> | Certainly readme.msvc is still on the source package and the some of
>> | information is too old.  I think it should be removed from source tar
>> ball.
>>
>> Maybe it should be updated instead?
>
> Michael himself have been working for octave development branch by MSVC
> complier.
> Of course, if Michael will update README.MSVC, it will be desirable than be
> removed.

To be honest, I have no plan to update it. It's now unsupported and
should be removed to avoid confusing users.

Michael.

Thanks 10 years!  Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ec10years/