Re: A backend("fltk") problem

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: A backend("fltk") problem
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:44:36 +0300

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Michael D
Godfrey<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/02/2009 08:46 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
> So, unless you would rather do this yourself, could you very
> briefly indicate where to start in the Octave code?
I have no time currently, so please do it.
just of the top of my head (I'll have a deeper look at the code later
this week and get back to you with a better answer) , for the gl2ps
stuff, I think you should look at subclassing the opengl-renderer,
reusing as much code as possible, maybe just replacing the text
drawing routines.
You can have two approaches for the top-level printing stuff:
1. make it the fltk printer device (I think the backend class in
graphics.cc has stupor for printing in the backend)
2. make a operate "ps" backend, which might be better since it could
be reused by future backends, and also might be independent of the
screen  - i.e. enable batch production of graphs. The diadvantage is
you have some coding overhead in implementing some stuff from the
backend class.

Shai