Re: fontconfig failure on Fedora x86_64 systems

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: fontconfig failure on Fedora x86_64 systems
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:36:12 -0700

John,

By the way, here is the "definition" of FcFontMatch from
www.fontconfig.org:

FcPattern * FcFontMatch(FcConfig *config, FcPattern *p, FcResult *result);

Description

Finds the font in sets most closely matching pattern and returns the result of FcFontRenderPrepare for that font and the provided pattern. This function should be called only after FcConfigSubstitute and FcDefaultSubstitute have been called for p; otherwise the results will not be correct. If config is NULL, the current configuration is used.

Since, result is nowhere mentioned, this does not help much.  In fact,
the description is completely obscure to me.  In other examples on the web
I could find only uses of FcResultNoMatch that test on the returned value from
Fc* calls.  So, I think that testing on &res may be an error.

Michael