Re: libtool and mkoctfile

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: libtool and mkoctfile
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:28:28 +0100

Hi Benjamin,
I think I catched the issue, at least on cygwin but
probably it is similar on mingw.

When linking with real static libs as for me suitsparse,
I need to replace

AMD_LIBS = -lamd

with

AMD_LIBS = -Wc,-lamd

to advise libtool to forward the lib directly to the compiler for the linking.

Thanks for this information.
I'll check if this also helps for mingw and the -liberty issue.

Oh, I don't understand libtool and its philosophy at all. Now why do I need to tell libtool to pass-through a library to the compiler to get it linked. I simply don't understand it.

The whole story boils down to subverting all the logic libtool with great effort tries to have, to just get the job done right.

benjamin