Re: Octave loops infinitely in dlamc3_ from /usr/lib/liblapack.so

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave loops infinitely in dlamc3_ from /usr/lib/liblapack.so
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:17:01 -0500

On  2-Nov-2009, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| man, 02 11 2009 kl. 18:11 +0100, skrev Jaroslav Hajek:
| > I think the BLAS and LAPACK are a little special in the sense that
| > they're (AFAIK) the only strong requirement for Octave. If any other
| > dependency is missing, Octave will build and work, though with some
| > crippled functionality.
| > OTOH, BLAS and LAPACK are now almost universally available, so maybe
| > nobody actually needs this feature. In that case, I think it's fine to
| > drop these sources. It will also plausibly reduce Octave's code size.
|
| One advantage of dropping BLAS and LAPACK from the sources is that the
| user don't end up using these by accident instead of using the system
| libraries.

I committed the following changeset which removes the subset of the
reference BLAS and LAPACK sources from the Octave source tree:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/cfd0aa788ae1

If somehow people think that any further discussion about this is
needed, then please use the maintainers list.

Thanks,