Re: libtool build of development source on mingw : libstdc++.dll.a: No s

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: libtool build of development source on mingw : libstdc++.dll.a: No such file or directory
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:34:29 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:

> What is adding .../mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/libstdc++.dll.a to
> the link command, what was really there in place of the ...?  There is
> no mention of libstdc++ in the Octave Makefile.am files, so that is
> coming from somewhere else.  Most likely it is libtool or GCC.  So
> which one is it, and why?

> What is adding .../mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/libstdc++.dll.a to the link
> command

That was /mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/libstdc++.la.

In libstdc++.la ,

# Names of this library.
library_names='libstdc++.dll.a'

Hmmmm! This problem was already reported in the MinGW web
http://old.nabble.com/GCC-4.4.0-fails-with-GMP-td24191439.html

I also leave the above as a record.

I will try it again.

BTW, what is need to autogen.sh is libtoolize but not libtool.  I did not
understand it.

There are two libtoolize commands in Msys+MinGW system. One is in msys version,
the other is MinGW
one. According to the description, I might have to use MinGW version libtool
for windows native
application.  However, if use of the tool limited to libtoolize, the situation
might be to different.

Anyway I will try further.

Regards

Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/