Re: libtool build of development source on mingw : libstdc++.dll.a: No s

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: libtool build of development source on mingw : libstdc++.dll.a: No such file or directory
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:54:58 +0100

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello

--- Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

OK. I will look into msys libtool (libtool-2.2.7a-1-msys-1.0.11-bin) downloaded
from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/

Perhaps I should use libtool-mingw. But I'm now in confusion. I will try both
and try to find which
one is to be used for octave building.

There's a release note for both the -msys and -mingw version of libtool
which describe under which cirbumstances to use which version.
I'd recommend to use the -mingw version, as the -msys version is
to be used to develop msys applications, not native windows applications.

You have to take care where you install it, if you don't install it
into /mingw, then you have to patch it to search for libtool's
files in the correct paths.

If you are interested, you can take a look at the mingw and msys
mini-installation scripts in the octave-forge svn repos.

benjamin