Re: bootstrap, sha1sum, gsha1sum and such things?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: bootstrap, sha1sum, gsha1sum and such things?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:26:25 -0500

On 15-Dec-2009, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| Ok, thanks. Does this mean that we always need a working Internet connection
| configure the Octave sources because we need to bootstrap?

You should only need to be connected if you don't have a copy of
gnulib checked out.

| Or, if I have gnulib
| installed I don't need to bootstrap anymore?

You need to run the autogen.sh script (which calls bootstrap) at least
on the first checkout.  After that, you generally should not have to
use it, except that there are currently no rules in the Makefile.am
files to express dependencies for the following scripts that
autogen.sh runs:

  liboctave/config-ops.sh
  doc/interpreter/config-images.sh
  src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/config-module.sh

so currently, you would need to run it when any of the input files for
these scripts changes.  But I'll try to fix that so these scripts will
also be run as needed by Make.