STOP.patch for Fortran, cruft?

From: Rik
Subject: STOP.patch for Fortran, cruft?
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:09:52 -0800

1/8/10

John,

Is the STOP.patch file in libcruft useful anymore?

According to the code summary at the top:

    This patch replaces all STOP statements with calls to XSTOPX so that
    Fortran routines won't be able to kill Octave.

    If you decide not to use the versions of the Fortran subroutines that
    are distributed with Octave, you might want to apply this patch (or
    something like it) to your sources.

But I looked inside at the diffs in the patch and some of them refer to
files that don't exist (xerrwv.f).  Other diffs refer to files that
exist but have changed location (blas/xerbla.f is now in
blas-xtras/xerbla.f).  Finally, some diffs refer to changes that we no
longer make in the code (advnst.f now retains STOP instead of CALL
XSTOPX so presumably we can be killed in that subroutine).

It seems like this file is not used or maintained and should go away
lest it cause confusion.

--Rik