R: linking (DLD_FUCTION)s give .dll files but not .oct files. (MinGW bui

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: R: linking (DLD_FUCTION)s give .dll files but not .oct files. (MinGW build 3.3.50+)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:58:25 +0000 (GMT)

-- Sab 16/1/10, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> On 16-Jan-2010, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>
> | however only the dll are installed
> | /usr/local/lib/octave-3.3.50+/urlwrite-0.dll
>
> Then that is a bug, because when these files are installed,
> they are
> supposed to be installed with .oct names, not .dll or .so
> names.  That
> works correctly on my system, so can you please investigate
> what is
> happening on yours to cause this problem?
>
> | In any case octave is functional, so I see no problem..
>
> Can you call the urlwrite function in your installed copy
> of Octave?
> I would guess not, because the code that searches for
> functions looks
> for .oct files, not .dll files.  What does
>
>   octave> which urlwrite
>
> say on your system when you are running the installed copy
> of Octave?
>
> jwe

curious in reality I discover the same file installed as

/usr/lib/octave/3..3.50+/oct/i686-pc-cygwin/urlwrite.oct
/usr/local/lib/octave-3.3.50+/urlwrite-0.dll

The first location is due to a forgotten
--libexecdir=/usr/lib
that I use when packaging octave.

The oct files are the one loaded by octave.

The dll's are installed by libtool as
src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/urlwrite.la reports:

dlname='urlwrite-0.dll'
libdir='/usr/local/lib/octave-3.3.50+'

the oct files are installed by the install-oct.

Marco