Re: fltk print problem

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: fltk print problem
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:04:03 +0200

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/19/2010 08:37 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
 Sounds very strange. gl2ps-renderer uses the c open function to open the file, overwriting the old file.
Can you send a script that will always reproduce the problem?
Do you know what kind of open it uses?  Just write, or??  Actually, as I think of
it, it could not have done an fopen with "w" since that results in an empty file
with a new time/date value.  What happens is that the old file remains with
its time values unchanged.  So, I think that someone must be testing for whether
the file exists.  The most strange thing is that if, say, 10 plot commands are put
in a script the first 3 or 4 work normally and then it fails to write the rest.

in src/gl2ps-renderer.cc you can see the fopen (filename,"wb") statement. perhaps you can change it into something else and see if ti solves the problem.

In the meantime I just noticed that semilogy does not work correctly.  The xlabel. ylabel,
and title are not positioned correctly.  Typically, only the xlabel appears at all.  I would
guess that semilogx has same problem and maybe loglog, ...

Can you open a new thread on this bug, with an example?

Shai