any() on cells ?

From: Dupuis
Subject: any() on cells ?
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 01:33:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've just posted a workaround for a problem I encountered. Short summary: a
script may either be run under octave in interactive mode, either as a
standalone app. In the latter case, I wish to keep the window open until the
user presses a key. I implemented a test, looping on the cell array obtained
by
strfind(argv(), 'script_name')
This test could be shortened if the function 'any', applied to a cell array,
worked with the same semantic as on a matrix, that is, apply the test
'column' wise, and return 1 if any of the element of the column is not empty
and has a value which is not zero.

Could this be implemented without breaking existing scripts ?

Regards

Pascal