Re: safer way to use gnulib

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: safer way to use gnulib
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:32:03 +0100

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 8:49 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 20-Feb-2010, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
> | On 20-Feb-2010, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> |
> | | What do you think? It seems that in the current state of affairs
> | | gnulib actually makes Octave less portable than before.
> |
> | Please see the following thread on the gnulib mailing list:
> |
> |   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2010-02/msg00113.html
> |
> | The last method proposed in that thread would allow us to use gnulib
> | without having to modify Octave, and it would avoid the problems we
> | have with the rpl_ definitions.
>
> Looking at the thread in the archive, I realize that it may be a bit
> confusing to know precisely which messages I'm talking about here.
> The "last method proposed" is here:
>
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2010-02/msg00142.html
>
> and Bruno Haible's response is here:
>
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2010-02/msg00143.html
>
> jwe

It looks good. I don't think why enclosing #include inside namespace
should not work. #include directives are handled by the preprocessor.
The only problem might be with other #defines used by the system
library, but we can hardly do anything about that.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer