Re: Text extent property

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Text extent property
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 18:41:40 +0000

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Michael Goffioul
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently looking at implementing the text extent property,
>> and already have a partially working version. Please let me know
>> if anybody else is working on it, to avoid duplicate effort
>> (I remember it was part of the wanted features for 3.4 release).
>
> I don't think anyone is working on it. Xianghang Liu sent some code to
> calculate extents to the list, based on the jhandles code I think, but
> that about sums it up. I don't think he continued development past
> that code.

BTW, could anybody check a few things for me on Matlab?
- does "extent" property takes text rotation into account
- what's the width and height values of "extent" for text using
"data" units and the axes is in 3D view?
- when "units" is set to something different than "data",
what's the "z" value of "position"?

Thanks.
Michael.