Re: printing using CUPS' drivers

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: printing using CUPS' drivers
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:55:06 +0900 (JST)

Hello

>gswin32c -sDEVICE=mswinpr2 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile="%printer%Canon
>LBP3300" alphabet.ps

If the printer name omitted (-sOutputFile="%printer% (printer name) "is
omitted),
the printer selecting dialog pops up and can print usual windows way.

BTW, I have consult web pages and found out the additional setting should be
required to use the lpr,
(i.e. in default windows setting, the lpr command has no meaning.)

http://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/computing/cng/pcsupport/windows_lpr_printing.html

Perhaps most windows users do not use the above.
At this moment, I myself do not blame that the direct printing from the octave
for windows is not
possible.

Regards

Tatsuro