Re: fltk printing [changest]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: fltk printing [changest]
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:01:20 -0400

On Aug 1, 2010, at 4:46 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Regarding gl2ps, I've made some assumptions.
>>> (1) That the GL2PS_PS/EPS/PDF/TEX/SVG/PGF formats will each be supported.
>> As usual, its not so simple. The when outputting in PDF format, GL2PS
>> does not respect text alignment, so all labels are placed wrong. If
>> someone has a little PDF knowledge, this could probably be fixed in
>> GL2PS.
>>
>>> (2) That the output will respect the figure's papersize, paperorientation,
>>> and paperposition property.
>> This is also not supported by GL2PS, but I will try to implement it,
>> at least for ps and maybe for eps
>>
>> Shai
>
> I've been studying ghostscript and am now able to use the eps file from GL2PS
> to produce Matlab compatible PS and PDF output in portrait. I hope to manage
> landscape as well.
>
> I like this solution, but let me know what you're thoughts are.
>
> For the SVG/PGF/TEX output, I think GL2PS is the best option.
>
> Ben

I've got the landscape part working, and have attached a changeset for those
interested in testing it.

I still need to remove debug code (turned on by "-debug") and improve the
documentation prior to committing.

Output devices that (should) work now are ....

eps, epsc, eps2, epsc2, ps, ps2, psc, psc2, jpg, png, pbm, tiff, aifm, dxf,
emf, fig hpgl, pstex, and mf.

Devices not yet supported are ...

epslatex, epslatexstandalone, pslatex, svg, tikz

The first three need support for GL2PS_TEX, and the last two require GL2PS_SVG,
GL2PS_PGF, respectively.

Ben