New randi function added

From: Rik
Subject: New randi function added
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:04:43 -0700

8/15/10

All,

I added a new function randi which produces random integers, as opposed to
random reals.  It reproduces the ML function described here
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/randi.html.

During the coding I came across a need to know the largest integer that
would fit within a given data class.  This was easy for the integer classes
(intmax("CLASS")) and for doubles there is bitmax().  Is there equivalent
functionality for singles?  If not, could bitmax be extended to support an
optional CLASS argument which would be either "double" or "single" and
default to "double"?

--Rik