Re: wait_for_file ??

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ??
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:33:59 -0700

On 09/08/2010 06:26 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
I think jwe's suggestion of drawing to a piped gs rather than to a
> file is the way to go. I'll try to implement the gl2ps part.
>
> Shai
For gnuplot backend, the gnuplot eps file can be save to a tmp-file which can then be converted via the pipe.

However, for the opengl backends, the pipe approach will limit the formats to those available from gl2ps and those available from gs (pdf, ps, ps2, and many the bitmaps and printer languages). Am I correct?

Output formatted as dxf, emf, fig, hpgl, ai, pstex, mf, etc (all formats derived using pstoedit and fig2dev will no longer be available for opengl backends? .... If so I think it best to avoid using pstoedit, fig2dev, and epstool.

Should the "-tight" option will need to go as well?

As my questions indicate, I'm a bit cloudy on the implications. I'll be studying this approach for a while and plan to wait on Shai before contributing any significant changes.

Ben

This sounded good to me at first, but now I do not see how it is going to work.
There must be something that ensures that routine glps_renderer::draw in gl2ps-renderer.cc
really gets run when the code in __fltk_print__.m needs it.

I hope Shai and Ben have this figured out.

Michael