Re: new function: textscan.m

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new function: textscan.m
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 01:54:04 -0400

On 23-Oct-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Shall the functions below also be included in strings.txi ...
|
|       @DOCSTRING(strread)
|
|       @DOCSTRING(textread)
|
|       @DOCSTRING(textscan)
|
| I'm not sure about textread since it reads from a file. However, strread(str,
...) and textscan(str, ...) work very similiarly.

Sorry, I don't know why I was thinking about strings.txi.  The
functions that read data from files should probably go in the chapter
on file I/O.  I guess strread should go in strings.txi.

| Maybe others too?

It might be good to do a comprehensive check of all functions in
Octave vs. what is documented in the manual and see what is currently
missing.  I haven't done that check in a while now.