Disabling text markup on Savannah Bug Tracker

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Disabling text markup on Savannah Bug Tracker
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:42:42 -0400

On 28-Oct-2010, Rik wrote:

| Is there a way for a project to disable the embedded text markup used by
| the bug tracker?  The documentation for the feature is here:
| https://savannah.gnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=125.
| Unfortunately, our users regularly post bugs in which they've used the
| multiplication symbol which merely serves to bold the text.  I just
| finished asking yet another user to re-post using the +verbatim+ tag
| because their original post was mangled by Savannah.  It would save us some
| grief if we could turn this feature off on the Octave project.

I don't see a way to disable the feature by default, but if it were
possible, it would be fine with me to have the textboxes be in
"nomarkup" mode initially.  Preferably we would also have a button
allowing it to be enabled.

If you want to ask the savannah admins to consider allowing this
option, go ahead.

For now, I've added a message at the top of the bug submission page
letting people know about the feature and giving them a more obvious
link to the page that describes it.