Re: Comparing plots to Matlab

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Comparing plots to Matlab
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:15:04 +0200

2010/12/2 Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden>
On 12/01/2010 08:25 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 1 December 2010 16:42, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have then tried to run the generated script in Octave with the gnuplot
> backend (it crashes the FLTK backend) and in Matlab.
Is there any diagnostic of where the crash happens?

- Jordi G. H.

There is a known timing problem.  It also tends to show up if running
scripts with many plot calls.

I am sure this is on Shai's list.  The error in this case is:

Actually I got stuck on this problem.  I could not run the fltk backend over DSL at all, presumably due to a problem in my OpenGL library either on the X-client computer (intel, open source drivers) or on the X-server (nvidia closed drivers). The figure window won't even show.

Shai