Small cppcheck fixes

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Small cppcheck fixes
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:55:30 -0600

I just ran cppcheck on the Octave sources around changeset
11479:746609dd54fd, and among other problems it found the ones patched
here:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/50a7935f2512

The others were all about uninitialised variables, and there's one
about an obscure memory leak in gl2ps which is very unlikely to be a
problem in practice (I believe with Linux's default allocation, it's
in fact impossible for the leak to happen, for example). I attach the
output for general interest. It would be interesting to try a newer
version of cppcheck. I used the latest release which is 1.44, but
there's been work in its VCS.

What should we do about the gl2ps memory leak? Patch it here and
submit the patch to the author, or send the patch to the author and
wait for him to approve it?

- Jordi G. H.