Re: Freetype font warning

From: logari81
Subject: Re: Freetype font warning
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:58:16 +0100

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 18:17 -0500, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2011, at 5:45 PM, David Bateman wrote:
>
> > bpabbott wrote:
> >> The octave_config_info gives information about the configure process. The
> >> problem appears to be that the configure script didn't find FreeType.
> >>
> >> Did you install "libfreetype6-dev". You can check by ...
> >>
> >> apt-cache search libfreetype6
> >>
> >> Ben
> >>
> > Ben,
> >
> > I think the problem is that Octave shouldn't giving FreeType warnings
> > when using the gnuplot backend and FreeType isn't installed. This changeset
> >
> > http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/2be9e22796d2
> >
> > added the warning and frankly it should only be warning of the absence
> > of FreeType is the gnuplot backend isn't being used.
> >
> > D.
>
> I'll contact Kostas.
>
> Thanks
> Ben

I can just remove the warning. This will disable the warning in the
"update_text_extent" function for both fltk and gnuplot. This was
actually the situation before the patch.

I think that freetype will be at some point in the future a prerequisite
for octave anyway, even when using gnuplot, just for estimating text
extents.

Should I just disable this warning for the moment?

Kostas