Re: 3.5.0+ compiled on Mac OSX 10.6.6

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: 3.5.0+ compiled on Mac OSX 10.6.6
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:50:15 +0200

On Jan 26, 2011, at 6:56 , ext Michael D Godfrey wrote:

John

I just compiled the current 3.5.0+ without any change from the
previous successful compile of 3.3.54+.  It runs correctly as far
as I have tested (make check, plots and print test.pdf).

This suggests that your simple description of how to build from
source on Mac OSX should be sufficient:  Xcode is needed, of course,
then just download and compile what is needed from gnu.org and
/www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/SuiteSparse/.

IMO it should be noted that, looking at your config.log summary, your build was a 32-bit one. Newer machines (that boot with 64-bit kernel) default to 64-bit builds, which will fail due to Apple veclib bug. To fix that ATLAS needs to be installed, and used as the BLAS library instead of veclib.

Jarno