Re: Generating .info output

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Generating .info output
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:08:25 -0600

On 31 January 2011 14:53, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 31-Jan-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> | > Isn't that what the 'makeinfo' program does?
> |
> | How do you call it? It's not a matter of just doing "makeinfo *.texi"
>
> Did you look to see how the doc/interpreter/Makefile calls makeinfo?

Okay, given how that Makefile is machine-generated I suppose calling
makeinfo directly isn't something humans are supposed to do. I also
tried to parse the output of "make install" and didn't see any calls
to makeinfo there.

> The list of core functions will change over time.

Yeah, it's ok, an Octave lexer doesn't need to be perfectly accurate,
just good enough. I am prepared to update the list with each stable
release, and since we're very close to one right now, I don't think
I'll lose much accuracy.

> You might also want to take a look a the help>do_list_functions
> subfunction in scripts/help/help.m.

Thanks, I did. I think I'm happier parsing the manual, because those
are supposed to be exactly the user-visible core functions, whereas
do_list_functions lists many 'Forge functions I have installed plus
many __private_functions__

2011/1/31 Rik <address@hidden>:
> In the doc/interpreter directory, use 'make octave.info'

That seems to have only produced arith.info... Does it produce
octave.info and all the others for you?

- Jordi G. H.