Re: draft release announcement

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: draft release announcement
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:03:52 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  9-Feb-2011, CdeMills wrote:
>
> | In the News file, there should be items about
> | 1) the enhanced history mechanism. In the past, I lost quite a few times
> the
> | history while debugging scripts and filling the history with 'return'
>
> OK, how about a patch with suggested text for that?

What about:

* The behaviour of the history saving mechanism has been enhanced in a way
similar to 'bash'. The variable 'history_control' permits to fine tune the
way command lines are saved, like f.i. 'ignoredups' to avoid duplicates.
This way, repeatedly typing the same command, like 'return' in a debugging
session, doesn't saturate the history and make useful entries get lost.

* Some glue functions with system routines, imported from other projects a
long time ago, have been superseded by replacements using the 'gnulib'
system utilities.

Regards

Pascal