Re: Building Octave-3.4.x from source on OSX, reboot

From: Richard Campbell
Subject: Re: Building Octave-3.4.x from source on OSX, reboot
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:14:11 -0500

On Feb 12, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Richard Campbell wrote:

>>> By "postscript", do you mean "ghostscript"?
>>>
>>> Also, I recommend you include "gnuplot".
>>>
>>> Ben
>>
>> Thanks, yes, gnuplot should be on the list. Neither ghostscript nor
>> postscript should be on the list, actually - they weren't required before.
>>
>> Regarding PCRE: the offending regex is still present, and ./configure still
>> doesn't require PCRE (it allows you to build, and the error you get is when
>> you try to print something, and it's a completely non-descriptive error).
>> What would I need to do to submit a patch changing the behaviour of
>> configure?
>>
>> Campbell
>
> Be aware, that without ghostscript you'll not be able to print.
>
> I don't know how to change the behavior of configure for the non-pcre regex.
>
> Ben

Actually I can print to an .eps file just fine on Snow Leopard without
Ghostscript, whether I'm using the 3.2.3 precompiled distribution or 3.4.0 from
source on this machine.

I just want to modify configure to change PCRE from being optional to required,
so that ./configure fails if it doesn't find pcre.h instead of just building
anyway. Not trying to fix the specific regex problem.

Campbell