FLTK printing for visible == "off"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: FLTK printing for visible == "off"
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:56:33 -0500

On 12-Feb-2011, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I'd like to propose (what I hope to be) a temporary fix for printing figures
for the FLTK backend when the figures "visble" property is set to "off".

| The attached changeset temporarily sets the "visible" property to "on".

The problem I see with this is that the the reason for setting visible
to off might be that you are running Octave from a non-interactive
script where making the figure visible will fail because there is no
way to display a plot on a screen (there isn't one).

Is it possible to temporarily create a figure using gnuplot so that
can be used for printing?