Outerposition Patch

From: logari81
Subject: Outerposition Patch
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 05:41:25 +0100

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 12:46 -0500, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2011, at 9:20 AM, logari81 wrote:

> >> I have more work to do, but the link below illustrates the result I get
> >> now (tip 12437)
> >>
> >>    http://homepage.mac.com/bpabbott/12437/compare_plots.html
> >>
> >> Ben
> >>
> > It seems that it is not clear 12437 but you have applied the patch I
> > have sent here:
> > https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-February/022955.html
> >
> > If this is true I see no regressions, should I push it?
> >
> > Kostas
>
> Yes the path is applied.
>
> There are two regressions. They can both be seen in the subplot demos.
>
> (1) See the yticklabel for subplot (3, 1, 1) which is created by demo
> ("subplot", 1)

I cannot confirm this problem. On my machine both the plot on the window
and the png output are correct.

> (2) The ylabels for all subplots are too tight. This can be see in either
> demo, demo ("subplot", 1:2)

Yes you are right, but this is not a regression. ylabels always used to
be too tight to the axes on the png output. If you consider the plot in
the window they are not so tight. Actually this is a issue in gl2ps that
I would like to file a bug report for, but it is not new.

> Ben

Kostas