Re: Mac OS X build reference?

From: fork
Subject: Re: Mac OS X build reference?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:03:43 +0000 (UTC)

fork <forkandwait <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The spouse will be out of town soon, and I am going to give
>building the latest
> on my Macbook, Snow Leopard.

Update: I followed the Readme's directions, except for (1) compiling pcre
without the arch flags (configure crapped out with the specified
parameters) and
(2) building and using my own latest gcc/ gfortran.

I built without a hitch, but I get a bus error when I try to
./run_octave (after
a fairly long startup).  This is probably from pcre, which
I will try fixing later.

Right now I am building again, having run configure using a
lot of "without" and
"disable" arguments.  completely unsystematic, but whatever.

I will apply the veclib patch, make sure debugging symbols
are in place, and try
again this weekend and upcoming week.

Tx for the help and the great product, even if building
it is a little difficult...