Re: looking ahead to 3.6

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: looking ahead to 3.6
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:19:42 -0500

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

I gave it a try and could get an initial version of qtermwidget working
on Windows/MSVC (thankfully, Qt is MSVC-friendly). It's far from problem-free,
but it's a starting point.

I read about RStudio (AGPLv3) today which is apparently a new GUI frontend for R. The layout they use looks very similar to what I think we're looking for. They're using Qt for the desktop interfaces and apparently have a terminal widget working on Windows, Linux and MacOS (there's an additional another java-based one that runs over the web). http://www.rstudio.org/

--judd