Re: 'm4/dos.m4' does not exist

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: 'm4/dos.m4' does not exist
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:13:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Mar 11, 2011, at 01:10 PM, "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10-Mar-2011, bpabbott wrote:

| Just noticed that m4/dos.m4 is no longer included in gnulib
|
| From the gnulib ChangeLog ...
|
| ---------------------
| 2011-02-25 Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
|
| dirname: move m4/dos.m4 functionality into lib/dosname.h
|
| m4/dos.m4 needs to go. It laboriously invokes the C compiler, and
| extracts symbols from it, puts them into config.h; but it's much
| easier to use the symbols directly. filename.h already does this,
| but it disagrees with dos.m4 in some respects. This patch
| introduces a different include file dosname.h that packages up
| dos.m4, and then later we can work on merging filename.h and
| dosname.h. Applications that need only the easy-to-configure
| symbols should consider including dosname.h rather than dirname.h.
| ---------------------
|
| After a maintainer clean, the build process not terminates with ...
|
| ./bootstrap: aclocal --force -I m4 -I/sw/share/aclocal ...
| aclocal: aclocal: file `m4/dos.m4' does not exist

I don't see this problem. I did

hg pull
hg update
cd gnulib
git pull
cd .
./autogen.sh

followed by changing to my build directory and doing

/path/to/src/directory/configure --prefix=.. ...
make

and it all seems to works correctly.

jwe

I assume gnulib/m4/dos.m4 is now gone correct?

But, is there a still a dos.m4 in your m4 directory? After the maintainer-clean, mine is gone.

Ben