Re: octave-glpk MIPGAP

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave-glpk MIPGAP
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 16:46:29 -0600

Hi, Marcelo.

2011/4/1 Marcelo Pinto <address@hidden>:
> 2011/3/28 Marcelo Pinto <address@hidden>:

>>> Can you please post a patch or your modified source file? We can
>>> work from there.

>> The modified source file follows attached.

> I have modified the __glpk__.cc with some help of glpk's folks. Now
> the feature 'param.mipgap' works as expected.

Do avoid top-posting if possible. It makes for awkward reading of a
thread.

I would like to push your patch, but I need some reassurance. As I
don't know GLPK's options very well, can you write a short test that
uses the mipgap option? I can add that test to Octave's GLPK code, and
if your tests seem to pass, I can push the patch.

>From what I can read in the documentation, mipgap is relative
tolerance for mixed integer programming. What does it default to if
you don't set it, i.e. without your patch? Why did you choose 1e-4 for
it?

I can probably push this soon. I have been distracted by other Octave
bugs and features.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.