Re: Promising new Qt GUI

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Promising new Qt GUI
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:03:50 -0400

On Apr 8, 2011, at 8:44 AM, Julien Salort wrote:

> John Swensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Just yesterday  I incorporated the  octave_server class that  used for
>> the old GTK+ octavede for interacting with Octave itself and now it is
>> a  matter of implementing  the Model-View-Controller  for each  of the
>> subpanels  (history,  variables,   file  browser,  editor)  using  the
>> octave_server class as the model portion.
>
> I haven't been able to find  the sources of your octave_server class. Is
> it available somewhere ?

It can be found in the Sourceforge repository in the files server.h and
server.cpp
http://octavede.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octavede/branches/OctaveDE_QT/src/

In order to have the server start communicating with Octave, you need to
install the octave_server class into the Readline idle event hook using the
following call to Octave
command_editor::add_event_hook (server_rl_event_hook_function);

Also, for all of this to work, the program must be running in the same process
as Octave.  This can be done wither by spawning a thread from a MEX/OCT
function or using a terminal emulator widget that can run in the same process
as Octave (which is what I do for OctaveDE).

If you have any other questions, let me know.

John Swensen