Re: mingw build?

From: Mitlik
Subject: Re: mingw build?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  8-Jun-2011, fork wrote:
>
> I'm considering building binaries for Windows and selling them with
> optional support contracts.  Would you buy one for your work
> environment if it were available?  Would you pay for support?
>
> jwe

This is an interesting idea. I saw below that you mentioned support for
installation. Would theoretical support extend beyond the installation
process? Or would the support include response to unintended hiccoughs.

As an example I have a script that uses 3.2.4 to generate graphs and outputs
them to ps. My print to the ps device from my Windows work machine causes
the graph to be rendered unintelligable. When I run the same script on 3.2.4
on my Linux box at home the output ps file looks fine. I would want support
to cover these seemingly unintended differences in execution.

Ben