strmatch Matlab compatibility

From: Rik
Subject: strmatch Matlab compatibility
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 07:38:28 -0700

8/7/11

As part of my ongoing quest to remove unnecessarily slow cellfun functions
I came across one in strmatch where I need some compatibility information
from Matlab.  When strmatch compares strings with the 'exact' option it
ignores spaces at the end of the line.  The question is are they ignoring
just spaces or whitespace as well.  Can someone run the following?

strmatch ("a", {"a ", "a\0", "a\t", "a\r", "a\n", "a\v"}, 'exact')

strmatch ("a ", ["a"], 'exact')

strmatch ("a\0", ["a"], 'exact')

strmatch ("a\t", ["a"], 'exact')

Cheers,